Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
How do you pick a good commercial vacuum? The bad news is that there are many brands that claim to manufacture commercial vacuums that aren’t really commercial.
All they do is take a residential vacuum and put a three prong cord on it and market it as commercial. Two months later it’s broken and they never respond to your complaints.
Well, that’s the sad truth about today’s market. But it doesn’t have to be a difficult proposition, finding a genuine commercial vacuum.
Herein we have reviewed 15 best products the market has to offer after taking into account all the important features you would want a commercial vacuum to have.
Our top pick is the Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner. This upright style vacuum is engineered to deliver the best performance, and it comes equipped with all the commercial features you have been looking for.
- 1 Top 15 Best Commercial Vacuum
- 1.1 Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Overall
- 1.2 Carpet Pro SCBP-1 Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best Backpack Design
- 1.3 ProTeam Super CoachVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best for Detail Cleaning
- 1.4 Workshop WS1600SS Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner – Best Wet/Dry Design
- 1.5 Perfect Products C105 Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Portable Design
- 1.6 Oreck U2000RB1 Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Self Assembly Design
- 1.7 Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Model with a Blower Port
- 1.8 Oreck XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum – Best Low Profile Design
- 1.9 Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Stretch Hose
- 1.10 Hoover C2401 Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best Chiropractor Designed Harness
- 1.11 Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Bagless Design
- 1.12 Vacmaster VF408 Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum – Best Two Stage Motor Design
- 1.13 Sanitaire SC3683B Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Carpet Cleaning Attachment
- 1.14 Powr-Flite Comfort Pro Vacuum – Best Ergonomic Waist Belt
- 1.15 Bissell BigGreen Commercial Vacuum – Best Five Brush Height Settings
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Top 15 Best Commercial Vacuum
Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Overall
Introducing the Sanitaire SC679J, the best traditional upright vacuum that’s engineered for easy maneuverability and effective cleaning of your surfaces.
- Lightweight upright design
- 5-amp motor
- 18-quart dirt collection bag
- Automatic locking system
- 30-foot power cord
This traditional upright vacuum only weighs 12.2 pounds, which is great because you can easily move and transport it from one location to another for effortless cleaning.
It is powered by a 5-amp motor, which is capable of delivering commercial grade performance. It sucks dust and air at an amazing flow of 120 CFM.
You will really appreciate how easy it is to maintain this unit, considering that it has a metal clip bag release system and tool-less brush roll replacement.
What the manufacturer should improve on; however, is the length of the power cord. It could cover even a larger area with a cord that’s longer than 30 feet.
- Lightweight design that’s easy to maneuver
- Sucks dust and air at an amazing speed
- Easy to empty dust bag with metal clip design
- Brush roll replacement requires no tools
- Handle is fitted with an automatic locking system
- Could cover a larger area with a longer cord
- Doesn’t come with additional accessories
If you want a cleaning system that’s very easy to use and maintain, look no further than the Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Carpet Pro SCBP-1 Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best Backpack Design
You no longer have to put up with the stress of pulling and pushing a conventional upright vacuum because the Carpet Pro SCBP-1 comes with a backpack design.
- 6qt capacity
- 11.5 amp motor
- Aluminum extension wand
- HEPA media filter
- 14-inch cleaning path
The Carpet Pro SCBP-1 is your go-to vacuum when you have a large area that needs cleaning because the backpack design straps to your back for easy movement and fast cleaning.
This impressive unit is powered by an 11.5-amp motor, which is great because it produces plenty of power for picking up the heaviest debris and dirt.
It comes equipped with a conveniently large 6-quart dirt collection capacity that allows you to clean your carpets for a longer duration without changing bags.
But the thing is, the backpack design will require you to take it on and off most of the, which can be bothersome for some people.
- No pushing, pulling, or bending all the time
- Capable of cleaning the heaviest of debris
- Many useful attachments are included
- HEPA media filter makes it ideal for allergy sufferers
- Wide cleaning path
- Needs to be taken on and off the back
- Hose may need to be replaced at some point
This unit is quickly becoming a favorite choice for high volume cleaners with its stress-free design and many cleaning attachments. It’s an investment worth your money.
ProTeam Super CoachVac Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best for Detail Cleaning
Are you looking for a commercial vacuum cleaner that’s suitable for carpet, hard surface, detail, and residential cleaning? If yes, then look no further than the ProTeam Super CoachVac.
- Backpack design
- 10-quart filter
- HEPA media filtration
- Two-piece wand tool kit
- 50-foot power cord
This uniquely made backpack vacuum is powered by a high performing motor, which is great because it generates strong suction for all your surface cleaning needs.
The cleaner is integrated with a four-level advanced filtration system and a HEPA media filter. This helps to improve your indoor air quality.
It comes with a larger filter capacity of 10 quarts, which allows you to do extensive cleaning of a significantly larger area with very few bag changes.
But the thing is, this vacuum cleaner is not the ultimate best choice for picking pet hair. Also, it is possible to get a model that has a cheaply made harness.
- Has a very long power cord for superior coverage
- Adjustable and articulating harness is comfortable to wear
- Integrated tool belt provides easier access to attachments
- Advanced HEPA media filtration improves air quality
- Backpack design reduce fatigue during long cleaning sessions
- Integrated harness is not long-lasting
- May not be the best choice for cleaning pet hair
The ProTeam Super CoachVac is a lightweight backpack vacuum that offers efficient and effective cleaning of most surfaces.
Workshop WS1600SS Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner – Best Wet/Dry Design
Not only does this vacuum have a commercial professional appearance, but it also has the power and capacity to take on the toughest cleaning jobs.
- Wet/dry vacuum design
- 16 US gallons filter capacity
- On-board storage
- Larger drain port with a blower
- Dual-flex locking hose
With a 266 max air watts and a six and half peak horsepower motor, this heavy-duty machinery can pick up the heaviest debris in the shortest time possible.
The seven-foot hose features dual-flex technology, which is great because it resists collapsing as well as adds superior flexibility on both ends.
The hose has a two and half inch diameter, which makes it larger and more convenient compared to conventional vacuum hoses.
The biggest challenge that you may have with this cleaner is the power cord, which is not anti-tangling and it may reach a time when it may be difficult to coil it neatly.
- Very large dirt collection capacity
- Motor delivers professional grade performance
- Hose is highly flexible and doesn’t collapse
- Easy to convert the vacuum into a blower
- Extended handle offers convenient storage for accessories
- Power cord is not anti-tangling
- Bags for this model may be pricy for some people
The Workshop WS1600SS is engineered for heavy-duty cleaning with its 6.5 horsepower motor and 16 US gallons dirt collection capacity.
Perfect Products C105 Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Portable Design
With a cross body strap and a lightweight design, the Perfect Products C105 is a very portable unit that will enable you to clean hard to reach places without straining.
- Powerful motor
- Stainless steel telescopic wand
- Large capacity HEPA filter bag
- Reusable SMS filtration cloth
- Adjustable padded shoulder strap
The first impressive design feature is the adjustable padded shoulder strap, which offers unending comfort when cleaning hard to reach areas.
It comes with an ergonomic stainless steel telescopic wand, which is a good feature because you can conveniently extend the wand to your preferred length for ease of cleaning.
The heavy-duty design is fitted with non-marking rubber coated wheels on the back for easy maneuverability on smooth surfaces.
It is a great machine only if you receive a new design. But it can be a nightmare if you happen to receive a used product that has burning issues.
- Very portable with the included shoulder strap
- Easy to maneuver on smooth surfaces with rubber wheels
- Extendable wand makes cleaning hard to reach places a breeze
- Comes with an anti-tangle and flexible hose
- HEPA media filtration makes it ideal for allergy sufferers
- Possible to receive a used or defective cleaner
- Comes with very few attachments/accessories
The Perfect Products C105 is a portable and easy to maneuver vacuum cleaner. But make sure you don’t accept a used or defective model.
Oreck U2000RB1 Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Self Assembly Design
Those in the hotel business, executive housekeepers, and homeowners, need this high performing commercial upright vacuum for all their daily cleaning chores.
- Lightweight design weighs 9 pounds
- 40-foot power cord
- High-speed suction, 5000 to 6500 RPM
- Permanent belt feature
- Fingertip on/off control switch
The vacuum features an ergonomic and lightweight design, which is easy to use and requires little effort and less passes to clean dirt and debris.
It has a quick release storage hook on the handle, which is a great attribute because it makes removing the 40-foot power cord simple.
The handle is ergonomically designed and contoured for constant hand placement when cleaning a larger area. Also, the control switch is a fingertip away.
But the thing is, you can very easily get a used, or refurbished with a circuit board that burns out easily. So, beware of this problem.
- Self-assembly is easy and requires only a screwdriver
- Long power cord increases coverage of the cleaning area
- Twelve-inch cleaning path covers a larger portion faster
- Powerful motor generates a high speed suction for effective cleaning
- Control switch is a fingertip away
- Possible to receive a used or refurbished product
This model is not only lightweight, but it is also perfect for cleaning different types of floors, including carpets and hard floors.
Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Model with a Blower Port
Introducing the Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G, one of the best commercial vacuum cleaners for all your carpet cleaning needs. And it converts into a blower for blowing debris out of your garage.
- Converts into a powerful blower
- Features a 10-amp motor
- 2.5 liters dust cup capacity
- Power touch handle
- Suitable for home as well as auto
This professionally made vacuum comes with an extendable wand that easily slides into the hose, allowing you to use it as an upright vacuum or for easy overhead cleaning.
The unit doesn’t come with a motorized brush roll, but the brush is integrated with pieces of fabric to help protect your hard surfaces from scratching.
The 12-amp motor generates high speed suction that does a great job of picking dirt and debris from carpets and several hard floorings.
But sadly, this model doesn’t do a very handsome job of cleaning along the edges of your floors. You have to place it directly on top of the debris for the cleaning to be effective.
- Has a significantly wide cleaning path
- You can easily extend the wand to increase your reach
- Does a great job on carpets with almost any type of debris
- Converts into a blower for cleaning garages and workshops
- Brush contains soft bristles for protecting your hard surfaces
- Not the best choice for cleaning along the edges
- Could be better with a motorized brush roll
Overall, the usability of the Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G is pretty good. Plug it in, turn it on, and start cleaning. It’s also lightweight and extremely easy to maneuver.
Oreck XL2100RHS Commercial Upright Vacuum – Best Low Profile Design
Introducing the Oreck XL2100RHS, a lightweight vacuum with single air filtration and a large paper bag for multi-surface cleaning.
- Strong vacuum motor
- 12-inch cleaning path
- Automatic floor adjustment
- Balanced brush roll
- Ergonomic handle design with fingertip control switch
The Oreck XL2100RHS is really light in weight; in fact, it might be the lightest full-sized upright design on the market at only 9 pounds with a 1.2-pound handle weight.
It has a fairly unique handle design also referred to as a helping hand handle, which apparently has received an award from the Arthritis Foundation for ease of use.
This unique model comes equipped with a non-marring bumper, which is a great feature because it protects the plastic for long-term durability.
But this model has a few downsides. The cleaner comes with cheaply made filtration bags, and it doesn’t perform admirably on hard floors because it requires several passes to clean fine debris.
- Very inexpensive commercial vacuum
- Super lightweight design that’s easy to maneuver
- Ergonomic handle comes highly recommended for people with joint issues
- Plastic parts are protected by non-marring bumper
- Floor head is fitted with a plastic squeegee for easy cleaning of hard floors
- Comes with poor filtration system
- Not the best model for cleaning fine debris on hard floors
This isn’t a high-end product, but it offers some of the best features you would want a commercial vacuum to have at a very reasonable price point.
Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Stretch Hose
The Hoover CH30000 PortaPower is a handy vacuum that promises a comfortable and easy cleaning experience for professional floor cleaners and homeowners.
- 7.4-amp motor
- Built-in blower
- Stretching hose design
- Lightweight and portable
- Many attachments are included
This is one of the most lightweight canister vacuums at only 8.3 pounds, which is great because it is extremely easy to lift and use.
This model features a built-in blower that allows you superior versatility for cleaning debris and other fine particles in your garage and workshop.
The handy design of the cleaner allows you to use either a paper dust bag or a reusable commercial cloth bag for increased versatility.
But the thing is, it is possible to receive a model with a defective mechanism for holding the main vacuum hose to the main unit. This can be quite frustrating.
- Portable, lightweight unit that’s easy to use
- Suitably wide cleaning path for improved coverage
- Hose stretches for easy overhead cleaning
- Convenient on/off switch reduces straining
- Easy to get rid of fine debris with built-in blower
- Possible to receive a defective design
- Doesn’t come with the best filtration system
The compact design makes cleaning hard to reach places a breeze. But ensure you don’t receive a model that has significant design flaws.
Hoover C2401 Commercial Backpack Vacuum – Best Chiropractor Designed Harness
If you are looking for commercial cleaning with superior mobility and less wear and tear on your back and arms, you need the Hoover C2401.
- Lightweight backpack design
- Chiropractor designed harness
- Hypercone filter with HEPA media
- Extra-long quick change cord
- Cleaning accessory pack included
The Hoover C2401 features stress-free assembly, which is great because you only require one screw to hold the handle into place and you are done.
What makes this backpack design special is the chiropractor approved harness, which ensures most of the weight is on your hip for reduced fatigue and added comfort.
The top dome lid of the unit can be adjusted for left or right hand vacuuming, and you can easily remove it by releasing the two side latches.
The chiropractor approved harness is a comfortable feature, but the straps aren’t made of the best material and they can easily break if you tighten them too much.
- Chiropractor approved harness offers superior comfort
- Top lid can be adjusted for both left and right handedness
- Easy and quick assembly with only one screw to tighten
- HEPA media filter helps to improve air quality by trapping dust
- Cleaning accessory pack is fully equipped
Parts of the harness are made of cheap quality materials
The Hoover C2401 is ergonomically made for maximum productivity with less fatigue and stress. Not to mention that it comes with a full range of cleaning attachments.
Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner – Best Bagless Design
Have you been looking for the best commercial indoor bagless vacuum? Look no further than the Bissell Cleanview 1831 Upright Vacuum Cleaner.
- Bagless lightweight design
- 8-amp motor
- Large capacity dirt bin
- Multi-level filtration system
- Comes with a turbo brush tool
The bagless design is integrated with a large capacity dust bin, which empties so easily from the bottom for quick and mess-free debris disposal.
This amazing indoor cleaning machine features multi-cyclonic suction technology that guarantees long-lasting filter performance by capturing all dirt.
You will really appreciate the design of the turbo brush tool, considering how effective it tosses as well as lift hair, debris, and dirt from your upholstery, stairs, and auto interiors.
There is a possibility of receiving a poorly packed model with a broken brush attachment and some few parts missing. Just make sure you confirm the package on delivery.
- Bagless design means no replacement costs
- Lightweight design and rear wheels allow for easy lifting upstairs
- Easy and quick to empty dirt bin from the bottom
- Cyclonic technology captures all dirt to improve air quality
- Turbo brush helps to get rid of stuck-on messes
- Possible to receive a poorly packaged item
- Some parts may arrive broken
If you are a pet parent, the Bissell Cleanview 1831 is your go-to vacuum cleaner. It also packs some of the latest and best floor and carpet cleaning technologies.
Vacmaster VF408 Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum – Best Two Stage Motor Design
Innovation – that’s what makes Vacmaster VF408 Wet/Dry Floor Vacuum different. This unique design is engineered to deliver a faster, cleaner, easier, and quieter cleaning performance.
- Powerful two-stage motor
- 18-foot power cord
- HEPA media exhaust filter
- On-board hose
- Cleaning accessory pack included
This vacuum cleaner is powered by a two-stage motor, which is great because it generates a powerful high-speed suction that will pick up debris and other particles quietly.
The HEPA media exhaust filter does a wonderful job of trapping all dirt, debris, and hair. This in turn improves the quality of air, making the unit ideal for allergy sufferers.
Another good feature is the tough polypropylene construction and non-marring wheels, which help to enhance the durability of the machine.
But beware, the vacuum may not be the most reliable choice for wet cleaning. Also, some of the included attachments are poorly or cheaply made.
- Two-stage motor runs remarkably quiet
- On-board storage allows for easy reach to accessories
- Easy cord storage with auto cord rewind feature
- Comes with a top handle for easy transport upstairs
- HEPA rated filtration ensures the air is cleaner
- May not be the best choice for wet cleaning
- Some attachments are poorly designed
The Vacmaster VF408 is a good quality wet/dry vacuum that will do the job as stated by the manufacturer. But it may not be the most ideal choice for wet cleaning.
Sanitaire SC3683B Commercial Canister Vacuum – Best Carpet Cleaning Attachment
Are you looking for a vacuum cleaner that comes with the best vacuum attachments? If yes, look no further than the Sanitaire SC3683B.
- 10-amp motor
- Telescopic wands
- 10-inch cleaning path
- 2.6 quarts capacity
- Cleaning accessory pack included
The Sanitaire SC3683B comes equipped with the best carpet cleaning attachments, which is great because you can effectively clean low-pile carpets as well as rugs with ease.
You get telescopic metal wands that conveniently extend to your desired length, allowing you to clean hard to reach places in your home.
Its 10-amp powerful motor generates a high speed suction of 135 CFM, which along with the 10-inch cleaning path allows you to cover a significantly large area in a short period of time.
What you may particularly not like about this model; however, is the noise it produces when you are using it. Also, it tends to get hot during long cleaning sessions.
- Top handle allows for easy transport upstairs
- Features the best carpet attachments
- Provided hose is anti-tangling and flexible
- Extendable wands conveniently increase your reach
- Crevice tool allows you to vacuum tight spaces
- It’s significantly noisy
- Tends to get hot, making it impossible to use the shoulder strap
This lightweight canister vacuum is highly portable and maneuverable. It also generates a powerful and reliable suction. Not to mention that it has good carpet cleaning attachments.
Powr-Flite Comfort Pro Vacuum – Best Ergonomic Waist Belt
Have you been looking for a commercial backpack vacuum that comes with an ergonomic waist belt for extra comfort and powerful performance? Look no further than the Powr-Flite Comfort Pro.
- Ergonomic and comfortable harness and waist belt
- 130 CFM pressure flow rate
- 6 quart capacity
- HEPA media filtration
- 600 inches extension length
The Powr-Flite Comfort Pro harness system features very quick adjustments that perfectly fit the unit to the user and can quickly adjust to different heights without the need of tools.
It has six additional points of harness adjustment that provide a custom fit. It also features state-of-the-art load stabilizer straps that help to transfer weight from your back to your core.
The vacuum also comes with different attachments designed to make quick work of any task. In addition, you get a telescoping wand that ensures you avoid stretching or bending.
But the thing is, it’s so easy for you to receive a used or refurbished Powr-Flite Comfort Pro. That will have a number of problems, including overheating and missing parts.
- Comfortable harness system with load stabilizer straps
- Ergonomic waist belt for superior weight distribution
- HEPA media filter helps improves air quality
- Powerful pressure flow rate allows for effective cleaning
- Telescoping wand eliminates stretching and bending
- Easy to receive a used product with missing parts
- Vacuum tends to overheat during long cleaning sessions
When you are looking for a backpack design that has a very comfortable harness and waist belt, the Powr-Flite Comfort Pro is your go-to model.
Bissell BigGreen Commercial Vacuum – Best Five Brush Height Settings
Introducing the Bissell BigGreen Commercial Vacuum, a lightweight commercial vacuum that features five position brush height adjustment.
- 5 brush height settings
- Powerful suction motor
- 35 foot power cord
- Stretch hose
- 13-inch cleaning path
This vacuum has an ergonomic lightweight design that only weighs 12 pounds with a large carry handle, which allows for easy transport from one room to the next.
The machine has a self-adjusting brush roll with five height adjustment settings, which is great because it makes going from carpet to bare floors a breeze.
The head is also installed with rubber blades that help to clean small particles off bare floors without hoses or attachments.
There are a few downsides of this good vacuum. First, the belt will break at some point. Second, poorly design hose attachment may cause headaches in the future. Third, the suction may not be powerful enough for the thickest debris.
- Five brush height settings for easy transitioning from carpet to bare floors
- Wide cleaning path of thirteen inches improves coverage
- Lightweight design is easy to carry upstairs and from room to room
- Stretching hose allows for overhead cleaning
- Convenient attachment storage in the back of the unit
- Expect to deal with broken belts
- Hose attachment is not expertly designed
The Bissell BigGreen offers decent performance for the money. But you should not overestimate its performance and long-term durability.
What is the difference between a residential and commercial vacuum cleaner? Good question! Models from the same brand may look the same out of the box.
But if you look closer you will notice that residential vacuums take a more colorful retail ready appearance, while a commercial machine is normally all business looking (industrial look).
The next thing you will notice are the accessories and tools on a residential vacuum, which typically has more tools for dusting and specialty cleaning.
A commercial unit; on the other hand, will have the most basic tools for those tough jobs. But you can always add all the necessary accessories you might need.
Commercial vacuums are engineered for cleaning larger facilities than your average home setting without the suction fading or the unit malfunctioning because of extended cleaning periods.
What to Look for in a Commercial Vacuum?
Now that you can differentiate a commercial unit from a residential one. It’s time you learnt what to look for in a commercial unit.
Style of Vacuum
There are several styles of commercial vacuums you can buy, including: upright, canister, and backpack vacuum cleaners.
The most portable style among the four is the backpack design. Then followed by the upright and the canister/ wet/dry vacuums.
Over the years, the most popular vacuum style has always been the upright design. They have always been considered easy to set up and use.
All you have to do is place the vacuum head on top of a mess or pass it across several times to cleanup. The upright design also eliminates bending and back ache.
But, nowadays, there is another popular style that most people have grown to like, the backpack vacuums.
These uniquely designed commercial vacuums have a tank that is attached to a heavy-duty backpack harness. This allows you to carry the canister on your back and vacuum on the go.
Another great commercial style is the canister vacuum. The design of a canister vac is pretty simple.
There’s a canister and the motor and filtration system are attached on top with a vacuum and/or blower ports on the sides.
The convenience of a canister commercial vacuum is normally large capacity, especially when you are buying a wet/dry design.
You have the right style, but is it designed for superior performance? A few things can help you determine the performance of a vacuum, and they include: suction, CFM, and air watts.
A surface (a carpet or a bare floor) is the equivalent of a blocking filter, which causes a significant resistance to airflow.
As such, airflow measured at the open hose of a vacuum is different to the flow through the bare floor or carpet (much lower).
Different carpets and floor types will allow a different airflow for a given commercial vacuum cleaner. Therefore, good suction can help compensate for carpet/floor air resistance.
In other words, strong suction overcomes carpet or floor air resistance and maintains more of the original vacuum airflow at the cleaner head or attachment.
What should always linger in your mind is that strong suction is always important for good airflow through a surface, especially a carpet.
Our overall best choice for this roundup is the Sanitaire SC679J Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner. This heavy-duty machine is engineered for supreme performance.
Its 5-amp motor generates strong suction that will effectively overcome the air resistance caused by your carpet or bare floor in order to maintain a consistent airflow of 120 CFM.
It is also one of the most versatile commercial units you will come across in the market. It has a foot pedal release for added versatility and a low profile design for cleaning under furniture.
If you are looking for superior performance and extreme portability, you can also check out our runners up, the Carpet Pro SCBP-1 Commercial Backpack Vacuum.