Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Do you still use a mop and bucket to clean your vinyl floors? It is time to switch to a more convenient mop system for heavy-duty cleaning.
Vinyl flooring is really attractive and also long-lasting even in high foot traffic areas. Also, keep in mind there are many different high-quality floor mops on today’s market that may seem suitable, but you will not really know for sure unless you look a little deeper.
The most distinguishing feature is the mop attachment. There are many mop heads available out there, but the most ideal one for vinyl floors is microfiber.
So, First thing, our selection for one of the best mop systems for vinyl floors took into account all the essential factors a homeowner would want a mop to have.
Here is our roundup of the top five mop systems you can buy today.
Our top pick is the Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System, which uses premium microfiber pads when it comes to cleaning the floor. It also comes with a telescoping mop handle and a 360-degree spin mop head for unmatched maneuverability around furniture.
- 1 5 Best Mop for Vinyl Floors of 2021
- 1.1 1. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System – Best Overall
- 1.2 2. Microfiber Wholesale 18-inch Mop – Best Multipurpose Design
- 1.3 3. Linkyo Microfiber Floor Mop – Most Maneuverable Design
- 1.4 4. Black Diamond Stoneworks Microfiber Mop – Best for Dry & Wet Surfaces
- 1.5 5. Jinclean Microfiber Mop – Best Value for Money
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
If you don’t have time to read the complete article, here are our top picks.
5 Best Mop for Vinyl Floors of 2021
1. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System – Best Overall
Are you looking for a professional-grade floor mop for your vinyl floors? Look no further than the Turbo Microfiber Mop floor cleaner which is a perfect mop to clean vinyl plank flooring.
- Premium extra thick pads for vinyl plank floor
- Adjustable long-handle
- Boasts an on-demand spray trigger
- 360-degree smooth swivel head
- Strong Velcro attachment
- Machine washable pads
This floor cleaner is made of professional commercial grade aluminum plate and handle, which are lightweight and highly durable and is perfect for vinyl plank flooring.
It comes with a 360-degree swivel head that is expertly engineered for superior maneuverability when mopping under any furniture. We feel this is the best mop for vinyl floors.
This cleaning system is fitted with an adjustable telescoping handle, which is a great feature because you can adjust it from 35 to 60 inches.
The head has a considerably wide mopping width of 17 inches that covers a large floor area, allowing you to complete your cleaning chores faster.
You get two types of pads: machine washable (you can wash them up to a hundred times) and deep cleaning microfiber scrub (suitable for cleaning extra dirty floors).
It has a super-strong Velcro attachment on the bottom, which will make sure that there are no loose pads even after a long time of cleaning session.
The predrilled holes on the handle don’t line up with the ones on the head plate. I had to drill some additional holes to complete the attachment.
- Extra thick pads are highly durable and long-lasting
- A larger water tank capacity and perfect for heavy-duty tasks without much effort
- Easy to adjust the handle from thirty-five to sixty inches
- Rotating head makes cleaning under furniture a breeze
- No loose mop pads thanks to the strong Velcro attachment
- Pads lock in pet hair, dirt, and debris
- Possible to receive a model with design flaws
- Washable pads may be tougher
This premium Turbo Microfiber Mop offers you quality, superior vinyl floor cleaning, and long-lasting service life.
2. Microfiber Wholesale 18-inch Mop – Best Multipurpose Design
Introducing the Microfiber Wholesale 18-inch Mop, a complete system for your vinyl floor, laminate, tile, concrete, and hardwood floors/ Hardwood tile.
- Stainless steel, telescoping handle
- Wide frame mop head
- Heavy-duty aluminum frame
- Machine washable pads
- 360 degrees rotating mop head
This model for the vinyl floor is fitted with a heavy-duty aluminum mop frame, which is lightweight and rotates 360 degrees for easy cleaning of hard to reach areas and is perfect for vinyl plank flooring.
The stainless steel handle is made extendable. The benefits of using this are you can easily adjust it from forty-two to seventy inches for customizable fit and cleaning.
The frame is equipped with a recessed Velcro attachment, which is a good feature because it will not peel off after repeated or continual use.
The system’s swivel lock frame does a great job of preventing side to side spinning when you engage it, making cleaning ceilings and walls a breeze. We feel this is the best mop for vinyl floors
The Mojave dust mop pad is not only easy to install, but it is also very effective at trapping lint and smaller dirt and dust, including fine pet hair.
The premium microfiber wet pads are remarkably thick, which means they are great scrubbing pads and they offer superior absorbency.
We do not like the quality of the plastic piece that connects the handle to the frame. It can easily snap off under heavy use.
- Adjusting the handle is a breeze from 42 to 70 inches
- In-built wringer for hands-free spin wringing and a splash-guard
- Easy cleaning of hard to reach places
- Works perfectly well on a laminate floor
- Velcro recessed in the head plate for long-lasting service
- Swiveling head cleans easily around furniture and corners
- You can lock the handle in place for ceiling and wall cleaning
- High-quality mop pad traps lint, smaller dust, and pet hair
- Some plastic parts are not of the highest quality
- Has a shorter cord length compared to other mops in its class
This mop system offers professional quality for everyday cleaning of your vinyl floors.
3. Linkyo Microfiber Floor Mop – Most Maneuverable Design
Linkyo Microfiber hardwood Floor Mop makes cleaning your vinyl floors quick and easy. Designed by cleaning professionals, it efficiently leaves floors spotless without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Microfiber mop pads
- Aluminum mopping frame
- Durable stainless steel handle
- 360-degree rotating head
- Reversible mop pads
This model has a heavy-duty aluminum mop frame engraved with ABS clips, making it super light and highly long-lasting.
It has a compact swivel head that rotates 360 degrees, which is great because it allows you to clean tight spaces, such as around and underneath furniture.
This mop comes with a stainless steel handle that is adjustable from 4.5 to 5.9 feet, making it a suitable choice for short as well as tall people.
You will definitely like the wide mopping width of 14.75 inches, which is the best way to cover a large area with only a few passes. This ensures you take less time cleaning your vinyl floors. We feel this is the best mop for vinyl floors
Unlike other brands, Linkyo comes with two reversible microfiber mop pads and one standard pad, which are all machine washable.
You get good value for your money with the reversible mop pads because they have an impressively long service life.
The plastic parts on this mop system are not of the best quality, which means they can break easily if exposed to excessive use. If you are looking for the best mops this should surely be on top of your mind,
- Lightweight and highly durable mop frame
- Works perfectly well on laminate floors
- Easy cleaning of hard to reach areas
- Safe for kids and pets
- 360 degrees spin mop head for effective cleaning
- The handle can be adjusted to suit the heights of different people
- Easy wet mop with the reversible mop pads
- All pads are machine washable for repeated use
- Plastic parts may wear out faster than usual
This is your go-to mopping system if you have been looking for a lightweight and versatile model for your vinyl floors.
4. Black Diamond Stoneworks Microfiber Mop – Best for Dry & Wet Surfaces
Introducing the Black Diamond Stoneworks, a high-quality microfiber mop that will make cleaning your vinyl floors quick and easy.
- Wide mop frame for different types of floors
- Swivel head for superior maneuverability
- Telescoping handle
- Replaceable washable mop pads
- Suitable for dry and wet surfaces
With Black Diamond Stoneworks, you get chemical-free cleaning of your vinyl floors because the mop pads clean excellently with just warm water.
It comes with one of the strongest mop frames in the industry, which swivels 360 degrees for easy access to tight spaces, including underneath and around furniture, and is perfect for different types of floors. Many consumers feel it has the best dry & wet cleaning system.
This cleaning kit is super easy to put together because the handle just clicks into the frame with ease. Also, replacing the mop pads is a breeze.
It comes with a highly durable stainless handle that is telescoping and easily extendable up to 60 inches tall for a customized fit. We feel this is the best mop for vinyl floors.
At the very top end of the handle, there is a convenient hook with a hanging hole. The hook is molded and contoured for superior hand placement.
You get some very high-quality mop pads that are not only absorbent, but also washable, replaceable, and durable for the money.
The handle is only durable if you do not put excessive pressure on it. So, if you happen to come across stubborn stains, you might have to use force and the handle may break.
- Chemical-free cleaning, you can just use clean water
- Very durable mop frame
- Easy to maneuver
- Safe to use the mop for pets and kids.
- Easy wet mopping with the reversible mop pads
- Easy to assemble the parts, may only take you a few minutes
- The telescoping handle allows you to set up your desired height
- Suitable for wet and dry surfaces
- Convenient hook offers a superior grip
- The handle may break if exposed to excessive pressure
This model is lightweight and remarkably easy to use. The only concern may be the quality of the handle.
5. Jinclean Microfiber Mop – Best Value for Money
Are you a pet parent? You will not experience a hard time cleaning pet hair from your vinyl floors if you have the Jinclean Microfiber Mop.
- Aluminum telescopic pole
- Microfiber chenille side
- Includes a Swiffer sweeper
- Super-fine microfiber side
- Swivel head rotates 360 degrees
- Cleans vinyl, bamboo, hardwood, tile, laminate flooring, stone, and cement floors
This model comes with an expertly engineered mop head frame that swivels 360 degrees, allowing you to clean tight spaces without struggling.
The mop head measures 18 inches wide, which is a great feature because you can clean a large vinyl floor in a very short period of time.
Changing the microfiber cloth is a walk in the park, thanks to the Velcro attachment. Just pull out the used pad and replace it with another.
The aluminum handle is not only durable but also telescopic. You can conveniently stretch it from 30 to 51 inches to fit your preferred cleaning height. We feel this is the best mop for vinyl plank floors. Many consumers feel it has the best dry & wet cleaning system.
The microfiber pads that come with this system can be used with a limited amount of water or a detergent. It has superior absorbency that leaves your vinyl plank floors spotless.
The handle attached to the mop head frame tends to grow weaker with repeated use. You have to make sure the handle is properly secured every time.
- Rotating mop head makes cleaning around furniture a breeze
- Works great on a hard floor as well.
- Heats up within 30-seconds.
- Has a very wide cleaning width for faster and effective mopping
- The telescopic handle is adjustable for customized cleaning
- Microfiber pads are highly absorbent and suitable for wet floors
- Mop pads are reversible for extended service life
- Handle attachment to the mop head may grow weaker with time
If you are a pet lover, the Jinclean Super absorbent Microfiber Mop will always ensure your floor is free of pet hair.
Your vinyl floors need mopping after sweeping. But do you know which mop to look for? There are two main types to consider: steam cleaner and traditional mops.
Steam mops are great for cleaning most floors. You don’t need a bucket and water to get the surfaces clean. But we don’t highly recommend to use a steam mop for cleaning vinyl floors.
These are the go-to mops to clean vinyl floors. Most of them use microfiber machine washable pads and deep clean scrub pads.
However, if you want to give your floors a deep clean, you will want to vacuum the floor or dry mop the floor first. Also, keep in mind you should never use abrasive cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals on your floors.
Type of Mop attachments
Microfiber mops are highly absorbent and excel at trapping and collecting dirt from your vinyl floors/ vinyl tile. The best thing is they also dry quickly and weigh less compared to other mop heads.
For general cleaning jobs, cotton mops are great options. They are absorbent, have high liquid retention, and are super easy to clean, and is perfect for a vinyl type of floor.
Rayon mops excel at releasing liquid for a fast, smooth finish. These mops are ideal for applying sealers and disinfectants.
By combining two or more different materials, blended mops can easily attain the ideal combination of durability, absorbency, and range of uses.
Cellulose sponges are highly absorbent and are extremely durable, which means they can withstand frequent use.
A mop system is not complete without an ergonomic design. Therefore, go for a model with a telescoping handle. This way, you can adjust the length to suit your height to clean vinyl floors.
Another ergonomic feature is the 360 degrees swivel steering, which offers you superior maneuverability around and underneath furniture.
Our overall best mop is the Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System. A professional-grade mop that is great for your office, apartment, and basement.
One of the cleaning tips would be if there is grime on the floor, you may need to use cleaning solutions like apple cider vinegar/ white vinegar, that will remove the grime easily without the buildup that can occur when you use soap.
What is particularly impressive about this mop are the mop attachments. You get microfiber machine washable pads and deep clean scrub pads.
This mop system is also highly maneuverable with its 360-degree spin head and the telescoping handle. It will go underneath and around furniture with ease.
With that said, we mainly recommend traditional mops and not steam cleaning for vinyl floors because they will not damage the physical properties of the floors.