For more than four decades, Polaris has been known globally for its top-of-the-line pool cleaners. Polaris has continued to be an innovative manufacturer.
The passion, knowledge, as well as skill that goes into each and every pool cleaner (automatic or manual) are highly appreciated by pool owners.
In fact, hundreds of pool owners choose to use Polaris pool cleaners, season after season, making Polaris a trusted brand for DIYs and professionals.
But you already know the quality and reputation in Polaris pool cleaners, right?
What you don’t know are the key differences among the various Polaris models, and more specifically, which Polaris model is best for your unique pool type.
Our top pick for this Polaris pool cleaner roundup is the Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner.
This high pressure side pool cleaner is engineered to deliver the best performance for all in ground swimming pools.
- 1 Top 5 Best Polaris Pool Cleaner
- 1.1 Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner – Best Overall
- 1.2 Polaris 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Triple Jet Design
- 1.3 Polaris F9550 Sports Robotic Pool Cleaner – Best Robotic Design
- 1.4 Polaris 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Chain Drive
- 1.5 Polaris 65 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Floating Design
- 2 About the Brand
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Polaris Pool Cleaner
Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner – Best Overall
First on the list is the Polaris 280, our pick for the best overall Polaris pool cleaner.
This is the brand’s most reliable model that is capable of cleaning even the most delicate areas.
- A booster pump is required
- Inline backup valve
- Tail sweep pro compatible
- Accessory kit included
- Recommended for in-ground pools
If you are looking for a high quality pool cleaner that’s not only quick, but also easy to install, then you are going to appreciate the Polaris 280.
This unit connects to your pool’s sweeper socket that acts as an outlet and requires a booster pump to power its hydro gears for effective operation.
There is a venturi effect that is created by the jets of the cleaner, which converts the incoming water into a strong suction for propulsion and cleaning.
Another admirable feature is the large opening debris bag that is uniquely designed to trap both large and small debris.
It also prevents the debris from entering the filtration system.
But you can easily receive defective collection bag and holder.
To make things worse, the seller may refuse to stand by their faulty product.
- Great choice for in-ground pools in all seasons
- Easily connects to your pool’s sweeper socket
- Venturi effect creates a powerful suction for propulsion and cleaning
- Large opening collection bag traps all debris
- Inline backup valve prevents cornering
- You can receive a defective debris bag and holder
- Seller may refuse to stand by the product
The Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner will deliver as promised by the manufacturer. Just make sure you don’t receive defective parts.
Polaris 360 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Triple Jet Design
Introducing the Polaris 360, a quality pressure side pool cleaner that runs only on the pool circulation pump without the need of a booster pump.
- Powered by triple jet technology
- Iconic three wheel design
- Large opening bag
- Includes a feed hose of 31 feet
- No booster pump is needed
This model doesn’t need a booster pump, but it acts as a roving return line, distributing water and pool chemicals through the pool as it cleans.
This can greatly enhance the effectiveness of the chemicals you use, which is a great feature because you will buy less chemicals and use them less often.
The iconic three wheel design delivers great traction on the pool surfaces as it scrubs, sweeps, and vacuums pebbles and leaves.
You will really appreciate the large opening of the debris bag, considering how easy it swallows debris and leaves.
But this pool cleaner may not do a great job of filtering fine debris and it may get stuck in a few occasions, which means it requires some babysitting.
- No booster pump, no additional costs
- Does a good job of distributing pool chemicals
- Good traction and propulsion from a three wheel design
- Large opening bag swallows almost everything that resembles debris
- May fail to filter fine debris
- Tends to occasionally get stuck
The Polaris 360 is an advanced pressure side pool cleaner for in-ground pools. Its performance is great, but not without some minor challenges.
Polaris F9550 Sports Robotic Pool Cleaner – Best Robotic Design
Introducing the Polaris F9550 Sports, a high performing robotic cleaner that will transform a dirty pool into a clean one in just a few hours.
- Active motion sensor technology
- Four wheel drive system
- Rear water propulsion system
- Vortex vacuum technology
- Remote control system
This robotic system comes with a motion sensing remote, which is a great feature because it allows you to control the unit when cleaning sensitive spots of your pool.
The cleaner has an easy lift system that is easily activated by long pressing the lift button.
This feature directs the F9550 to stop cleaning and emerge to the surface.
The four wheel drive system on this beast is iconic. It provides great traction when gliding the pool floor and when climbing slanting walls.
Another good feature is the vortex vacuum technology, which will efficiently suck all the pebbles and leaves and direct them to the canister.
The Polaris F9550 Sports; however, doesn’t seem to be well-equipped for climbing vertical swimming pool walls. It may slow down or even tip over.
- Motion sensing remote offers stress-free operation
- Long press the lift button and it will emerge effortlessly
- Dirty canister indicator tells you exactly when to empty the unit
- Four wheel drive system offers superior traction on the pool floor
- Keeps debris suspended for effective suction and cleaning
- May not be the best choice for climbing vertical pool walls
The Polaris F9550 Sports is an innovative, intelligent, and truly impressive Polaris pool cleaner. It comes with the latest pool cleaning technologies.
Polaris 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Chain Drive
Do you want a pool cleaner that is engineered to collect twigs, leaves, palm fronds, nuts, silt, and sand?
Look no further than the Polaris 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner.
- Runs off a booster pump
- Dual chamber super filter bag
- All wheel PosiDrive system
- Tail sweep pro
- Recommended for in-ground pool
The Polaris 3900 Sport has wider tires compared to earlier models, which is a great feature because the wider tires offer better traction and are more durable.
The next exceptional upgrade on this model is the heavy-duty chain drive system (PosiDrive) that gives it more power and long-lasting reliability.
This Polaris pool cleaner has a large opening and three venturi points that shoot water in there for effecting swallowing of leaves, pebbles, and other debris.
Another good feature is the enhanced tail sweep with vents that propel water for increased flow.
This device also prevents the unit from spraying water out of the pool.
But the thing is, the collection bag may get stuck in the wheels, which means the unit requires babysitting to make sure that the bag doesn’t stuck.
- Larger tires offer better traction and durability
- Superior chain drive system generates more power
- Large opening improves debris collection
- Tail sweep improves flow and prevents spraying
- Offers additional filtration through the dual chamber filter bag
- Collection bag may get stuck in the wheels
- Booster pump sold separately
The Polaris 3900 Sport is engineered to deliver great cleaning performance and withstand the test of time. But you are most likely to face a few challenges.
Polaris 65 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner – Best Floating Design
Introducing the Polaris 65, a decent floating pressure side pool cleaner for your aboveground swimming pool cleaning.
- Runs off pumps and filtration systems
- Patented jet sweep assembly
- Unique filter bag design
- 1.5 inch threaded return
- 24 feet long float hose
You will really appreciate the innovative design of the Polaris 65, which is great because it is quick and easy to install on your aboveground pool.
This vacuum uses your pool’s filtration system to direct water jets to the pool floor and clean debris. This mechanism is also suitable for cleaning uneven surfaces.
Another important thing worth mentioning is that this model has a unique filter bag that can easily get rid of larger debris, such as twigs, pebbles, and leaves.
The Polaris 65; however, has a few shortcomings, such as the surface module may lean on one side and the floating hose may get tangled.
- Quick and easy installation
- Jets direct water to the pool floor for deep cleaning
- Suitable choice for cleaning uneven surfaces
- Unique filter bag design gets rid of larger debris
- You can use the pool while the device is cleaning
- Cleaner may lean on one side of the pool
- Floating hose has a tendency of tangling
With the Polaris 65, you can expect a good cleaning performance for aboveground pools that are not more than five feet deep.
About the Brand
Polaris is a renowned pool cleaner manufacturer that specializes in manufacturing automatic and manual swimming pool cleaners at very competitive price points.
Over the last four decades, Polaris has been mainly driven by its excellent product quality and customer service and support in the swimming pool maintenance industry.
Polaris guarantees the best pool cleaning performance by incorporating top-of-the-line pool cleaning technologies in their products.
Some of the best technologies they use include:
- All wheel belt drive
- Booster pump design
- Active motion sensor technology
- Vortex vacuum technology
- Programmable timer
- Waterline only cleaning cycle
- Patented jet sweep assembly
Polaris Pool Cleaner Categories
The creation of the current Polaris product line is rooted in robotic pool cleaners and pressure side pool cleaners.
The Polaris pool cleaners in the commercial product line were selected because of their impressive design features and performance in the current market.
All the Polaris pool cleaners are engineered by skilled and experienced technicians in the pool maintenance industry.
They are also tested for quality assurance check.
Polaris Pressure Side Pool Cleaners
The company has a wide range of automatic pressure side pool cleaners for all your pool cleaning and maintenance applications. The most popular models being:
- Polaris 280 All-Season Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Polaris 380 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Polaris 3900 Sport Pressure Side Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaners
If you have been looking for the state-of-the-art robotic pool cleaners, Polaris has you covered.
The company has a remarkable collection of robotics that are up to the tasks. Popular models are:
- Polaris F9550 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris 9650iQ Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Alpha iQ Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris Alpha iQ+ Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Polaris 9450 Sport Robotic Pool Cleaner
Customer Service and Support
Polaris has a very comprehensive collection of how-to videos. These videos are meant to help you learn more about their specific pool cleaners.
There are how-to videos on specific products, such as how to install a Polaris pressure pool cleaner and how to reduce hose tangling on a pressure pool cleaner among others.
The provided videos are super easy to understand because they are both verbally and visually descriptive. This makes pressure side pool cleaner installation a breeze.
The parts of Polaris pool cleaners will at some point give in to wear and tear.
Polaris knows this and that’s why the brand has included a resourceful search section on their website for finding the parts you require.
You can easily look for a replacement part by simply dialing in a keyword or part number in the search bar. For example, you can search for a back-up valve or all-purpose debris bag.
You can easily reach out to the company when you want to make inquiries through email, fax, phone, live chat, and social media.
Our overall best choice is the Polaris 280 All-Season Pool Cleaner. It has proven to be a very reliable option for pool cleaning and maintenance.
The package that comes with this pool cleaner also includes: additional standard, dual zippered, and standard sand/salt replacement bags, a 31 foot feed hose, and a standard sweep hose.
The construction of the pool cleaner is exceptional, featuring a top-quality inline backup valve that does a great job of powering the auto backup in order to prevent cornering.
When choosing any of the Polaris Pool Cleaners, you should be mainly concerned about the quality of the construction and the ease of getting replacement parts.