Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Vacuums are no mystery to the average person. You’ve likely seen them everywhere. In homes, at work, at school, and just about anywhere else.
They seem pretty average, but they come in so many shapes and sizes. While at first it may seem like a vacuum is just a vacuum, if you care to look harder, you’ll discover it can be more.
All around the world, companies are redesigning vacuum cleaners to be more efficient than ever and meet special needs. Every vacuum will suck up dirt, but how well? Do you need something extreme? Something reliable? Perhaps you want something you know has a flawless HEPA filter system and won’t leave dirt behind. It can seem like having all of these in one vacuum is impossible, but it’s not.
The Dyson DC33 bagless canister vacuum is a powerful vacuum and while it may be expensive, it’s worth every penny. After a very thorough trial and some experience with the vacuum, we have decided to give a full review for those also looking into this vacuum.
Dyson DC33 At A Glance
- The Dyson DC33 is an entirely bagless vacuum cleaner available on the market.
- This vacuum can go from carpet to hardwood flooring in the blink of an eye.
- It stands up on its own easily and is easy to move around the house.
- The Dyson DC33 vacuum is lightweight which makes it easy for moving around homes that have multiple floors or for moving between buildings and sharing with family.
- The vacuum features Root Cyclone technology which ensures even the finest dust and pollen is picked up by the vacuum every time your use it.
- The Dyson DC33 has been approved by the Allergy & Asthma Foundation for America for being able to pick up fine particles that would usually cause issues for those who suffer from allergies or asthma. Only the best of the best get approved by the AAFA so you know this is a top-notch cleaning machine.
- Dyson sends this vacuum with extra tools for cleaning stairs and corners easily at no extra cost to you.
- With only the switch on this vacuum, it’s easy to go from hardwood flooring to carpeting without a hassle.
- The 35-foot cord on this vacuum allows for large areas to be cleaned with ease.
- This vacuum features a reusable bag that is transparent and easy to clean once it gets full.
- Lifetime filters and belts so you can avoid those pesky recurring costs.
- Has a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer no matter who you buy the vacuum from.
- This vacuum is sold with a washable HEPA filter which protect against dirt and pollen for the whole year. It’s been approved by the Allergy & Asthma Foundation for America which is incredible in and of itself.
- With Root Cyclone technology, cleaning any type of flooring is easy. Dyson has an excellent suction power and can be relied upon for every home and for any cleaning needs.
- The vacuum is sold with extra tools for cleaning corners and stairs easily.
- It has extra tubing and the vacuum makes it easy to switch to. Just put your vacuum in an upright position and you can use the tube suction feature without having to disconnect and reconnect multiple different things.
- The power cord for this upright bagless vacuum cleaner is 35 feet long. This feature makes cleaning larger rooms and a breeze as you don’t have to stop and change outlets every few feet. While the cord does not automatically retract, it is easy to wrap up when you’re finished with your vacuum.
- This Dyson d33 vacuum is the best vacuum for hard floors/ hardwood floors.
- The suction of this vacuum cleaner is simply incredible. It beats every other vacuum we’ve tried. It sucks up everything on the ground in one pass rather than pushing it around or needing multiple passes.
- Dyson DC33’s filtering system is the best we’ve ever seen. It doesn’t emit any of the particles it sucks up and its exhaust is cleaner than the air you breathe every day. Even with thorough testing, it didn’t fail.
- This dc33 multi floor upright bagless vacuum cleaner is made for thick carpet. It has a suction measuring up to 100 inches of water, so even your most luxurious, thick carpet can be cleaned by this machine. If you have thinner or medium carpet, this vacuum will suck up more dirt than you’ve ever seen a vacuum cleaner, and also it easily picks up pet hair.
- It’s not outrageously loud. Sure, the vacuum cleaner isn’t silent, but it’s not that loud either. You can easily compare the noise to the sound of a dog barking. It is likely you’ll have to raise your voice to hold a conversation, but the sound doesn’t grate on your ears or drown out everything else.
- The bag of this vacuum cleaner is reusable and has a lifetime HEPA warranty so you’ll never have to replace it. It is super easy to empty and clean and is transparent so you can always tell when your vacuum needs to be emptied.
- This vacuum cleaner does weigh 17 pounds, so it’s certainly not the lightest option around. However, it’s also not the heaviest. The weight doesn’t make it difficult to push, but your arms may get tired after a long time of using the vacuum.
- It is bulky. It’s unreasonable to expect such a high-quality vacuum to be slim and easy to store, but hey, we live in a modern world and we all wish for easy things. You’ll have to dedicate a place in your closet to it as it won’t tuck away into a small area.
- Just like we mentioned above, the vacuum is bulky which also means it may not fit under some furniture. It can lie almost horizontal if you need it to, but it has a tall clearance that won’t fit under cabinets or lower resting furniture.
- With a cord that reaches 35 feet, it can be a hassle to have to roll back up. It’s nice while using the vacuum cleaner, but when you have finished cleaning for the day, you’ll have to spend some extra time wrapping the cord and putting it away.
Why Choose Dyson DC33?
We get it: it’s an expensive vacuum and you could find something much cheaper to do the job. However, the Dyson DC33 upright vacuum cleaner has features that certainly make it worth the money. If you have a house with larger rooms or thick carpets, it is certainly worth the money. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a vacuum for less that has the same technology and features available.
Dyson is a well-known brand and trusted by people around the world. It is sold in various stores and it has a pretty solid warranty. The lifetime bag and tools make it so you don’t have to spend extra money on parts you may need later. Where this Dyson vacuum is bulky and difficult to get into small spaces, it makes up for it by offering the perfect tools for getting the job done.
As mentioned many times above, the Dyson DC33 upright vacuum cleaner has incredible suction abilities. This Dyson vacuum has been certified to pick up even the smallest particles for those who have extreme allergies or bad asthma.
We tested the power of the Dyson DC33’s suction by tossing flour and oats on the carpet below. In just one pass, the carpet was clean and also easily picks up pet hair. Even after closer inspection, we were amazed at how clean the carpet was. Even over thicker carpets, the suction power was impressive and we felt like we really had the best value for our money
Most vacuum cleaners will expel at least some of the particles they pick up, but our testing method picked up zero particles. The machine we use to test the particle expulsion measures dirt and dust as small as 0.3 microns. Even when vacuuming flour from the carpet, the machine measured zero particles being expelled.
The air expelled by the upright vacuum cleaner is cleaner than any air you’ll breathe at home. With such a clean filtration system, it’s no wonder the Dyson vacuum was approved by the Allergy & Asthma Foundation of America.
This vacuum cleaner really does provide very easy usage. It has a button for switching from carpet to hardwood flooring and different tools to clean corners or tight spaces. All extension tools are easy to connect to the suction tube and disconnect easily as well. You can use a 15-foot tube extension to clean places up high or a different extension to clean under low furniture.
This upright bagless vacuum cleaner is easy to lie down to get under benches, chairs, and tables. It pushes smoothly and you don’t need to go over an area several times to clean up one area of the floor. Your vacuuming job can be done in half the time with such quick and reliable suction. With a vacuum that works so powerfully and quickly, you’ll save time cleaning and find it less miserable than usual.
Overall, you’ll be impressed with the Dyson DC33 multi-floor upright bagless vacuum cleaner. Sure it’s bulky and a little heavy, but it does a great job cleaning and you don’t have to struggle with a filter or bag. Aside from its awkward shape and weight, it’s pretty much the modern home’s dream. If you’re looking for vacuum cleaners to get all your floors spotless in the knick of time, this is definitely a vacuum to consider. After all, you never know when you might spill something just a few minutes before guests arrive. Also, a 5-year parts and labor warranty is offered on the DC33 vacuum cleaner and many of the users have given it a 5-star rating.
Recommended Buying Guides: